LEGO® NINJAGO® World Now Open at at LEGOLAND® Florida
Did you hear that LEGO® NINJAGO® World is Now Open at at LEGOLAND® Florida? Well, if you didn’t, don’t fret we got all the fun information right here. My family and I visited the park and got to experience this world first-hand. To say the least, we had a great time there. But without further ado, get to know everything about LEGO® NINJAGO® World Now Open at at LEGOLAND® Florida.
Photo credit: Chip Litherland, LOCK + LAND for LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Now open – Ninjago World LEGOLAND Florida! The 150-acre theme park in Winter Haven (just outside of Orlando) has expanded further with a new attraction and area called Ninjago World, inspired by the popular martial arts LEGO building sets and the “LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu” television show. The new magical world includes play areas, games, character spots and a groundbreaking interactive 4D ride that allows kids to become the ninja.
LEGO NINJAGO World adds an immersive land filled with several hands-on, outdoor activities where kids can sharpen their ninja skills before the ultimate showdown on LEGO NINJAGO The Ride. The lushly landscaped area also features large LEGO models of LEGO NINJAGO heroes, Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, Nya [NEE-AH] and Master Wu, daily meet-and-greet opportunities with sibling ninja Kai and Nya, and last but not least, the Wu’s Warehouse. This themed retail shop filled with LEGO NINJAGO building sets, children’s apparel, costumes, books, souvenirs and a lot more. Definitely a must-stop to purchase a few LEGO goodies to bring home.
LEGO NINJAGO World was definitely inspired by the popular LEGO building sets and the “LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu” TV show. This new world puts you at the center of the action in lots of fun ways. For starters, outside, you and your family can enjoy these fun hands-on activities:
- Zane’s Temple Build – A LEGO building experience where kids can contribute to a giant model of the mountaintop NINJAGO monastery with bins of loose LEGO bricks.
- Kai’s Spinners – Master the ancient art of Spinjitzu at these twirling, whirling, single-child platforms; recommended for ages 5-12.
- Cole’s Rock Climb – A horizontal, right-to-left climbing wall to test kids’ strength and endurance; recommended for ages 2-12.
- Jay’s Lightning Drill – Practice precision and reflexes by pressing as many light-up targets as possible in 30-second sessions; recommended for ages 2-12.
Moving in-doors, the Lego Ninjago The ride is a dazzling new attraction that blends 3D computer animation, “4D” special effects such as heat, fog and strobe lighting. This state-of-the-art “dark ride” where guests score points using ninja hand moves to blast animated fireballs, lightning and more at waves of 3D villains.
*Children under 48 inches tall must ride with a responsible person 48 inches or taller who can ensure their safety.
So, how to score at the ride? After you grab your 3D glass, you become one of four ninjas that gets to ride on a Ninjago cart along that moves along a track. Each cart holds four riders and you get to use your ninja skills to score. Learn these five signature ninja hand moves you and your kids can use to defeat villains and capture a high score on LEGO NINJAGO The Ride:
- The Cobra: Hold your fingers like a snake’s head, then strike your arm forward.
- Chops of Fury: Hold both hands in front of you, palms facing, and do quick karate chops.
- The Fireball Flinger: Clench your hand into a fist, then thrust your arm forward while opening your fingers.
- The Lightning Strike: Hold your arm at a slant and chop.
- The Shuriken [SHUR-IH-KEN] Shuffle: Hold both hands in front of you, palms down, with your arms bent so they touch your chest. Chop outwards repeatedly.
Check out this year’s lineup of special events:
- The LEGO® Batman™ Movie Days – March 4-5 & 11-12; new this year!
- KIDZ BOP Weekend – April 28-30; new this year!
- LEGO® Star Wars™ Days – May 6-7 & 13-14; two weekends this year!
- LEGOLAND Knight Lights – Select dates in July, including Tuesday, July 4
- Brick or Treat – Select dates in October
- Christmas Bricktacular – Select dates in December
- Kids’ New Year’s Eve – Sunday, Dec. 31 only
We are in planning mode to go back soon. If you need additional information about Legoland Florida, visit the Legoland Florida Webpage here.